Search the forum,

Discuss Space saving AND offset pan connector? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

Quick one I hope!

Have a toilet that was relatively near the wall with a space saving pan connector (like a question mark).

We've now tiled the room which was previously plain wall and so with the cement, backerboard, tile cement and tiles this has brought the wall in a bit too close to the toilet, so we'd like to move it over 5-10cm.

Normally this just be a job for an offset I guess, but I also need to cater for the fact the pan connector is a space saver also.

Can you get an offset space saving pan connector or should I just use a flexible connector for this?

Any thoughts/ideas welcome!

Here you go!

PXL_20210106_211609767.jpg

I’m guessing the drain is in the floor ?

From where you are now; you could try an offset in the floor- moving to the right- and then your space saver into that ( put a 60mm piece of soil pipe into the offset pan connector first before the space saver)

None of this is ideal, why wasn’t it addressed under the floor during the refurb?

Time to rip the floor up and move it over min 8” should be 16” to the centre of the drain off the left hand wall

edt what’s with all the silicon in the drain ?

From where you are now; you could try an offset in the floor- moving to the right- and then your space saver into that ( put a 60mm piece of soil pipe into the offset pan connector first before the space saver)

None of this is ideal, why wasn’t it addressed under the floor during the refurb?
Surley that will foul on the side of the pan?? It needs moving in the floor in my view

Your other option is to change to a small WC unit with a new back to the wall pan I did this one recently it can be moved over a bit then as you can see it will save lifting the floor and damaging the tiling?? Kop

Attachments

• MVIMG_20201026_082332.jpg
    MVIMG_20201026_082332.jpg
    419.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20201105-100831.png
    Screenshot_20201105-100831.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
Your other option is to change to a small WC unit with a new back to the wall pan I did this one recently it can be moved over a bit then as you can see it will save lifting the floor and damaging the tiling?? Kop

Ah yes, good thinking - there's some weird and wonderful pan connections out there I was looking at, eg

Tissino Angelo Close Coupled WC + Soft Close Seat (Right Hand Waste Exit) - https://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/tissino-angelo-close-coupled-wc-soft-close-seat-right-hand-waste-exit?campaign=googlebase&gclid=CjwKCAiA_9r_BRBZEiwAHZ_v14FdqvU1Uh5kUhEe_M30fFpQ4BRgV07hyrpb2WxMW52y6465_OTMIhoCkIQQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Completely irrelevant, but this did make me chuckle too:

Clearly wanted a window view....!

Think it might be simplest to swap the toilet - no big deal actually as we're needing to do another couple of bathrooms, so no waste at all.

It really doesn't need that much space, so wondering if even a toilet with a more open design at the rear might work.

Think your idea is the front runner at the moment though, nice thought...!

Dare I suggest a bit more thought at the planning stage for the next two bathrooms! 😉
Heh, yes it's less about more planning, rather less change of planning I suspect... Other half plan to just tile the floor changed after seeing them.....! Ah well, think a couple of sensible approaches available - not end of the world if I need to lift a couple of tiles in worst case!

I know how that one goes!

If you have some more of those tiles and enough space to bring the toilet forward a bit too, you can build and tile a studwork box and reuse that toilet ( or get a short projection one if necessary).
I usually take the box just above the height of the cistern and you get a useful shelf.

Yeah good thinking - I'm wondering if it might just something as simple as getting a BTW toilet? Which is pretty much the same as you describe just without the extra tiling, eg

Reply to Space saving AND offset pan connector? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock