Search the forum,

Discuss Sound when closing taps and flushing toilets returns after emptying system in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,

I really need some advice on a home plumbing issue please.

We have a sound when closing taps and flushing toilets that started a few months ago.

I have tried many times to empty the system by closing off the mains inlet stopcock, opening all the taps, flushing the toilets, etc then closing them all, refilling the system, and finally opening the taps from the bottom of the house to the top to blow out the air. The sound disappears for a few days, but comes back.

It starts lower down in the house and taps and moves upstairs where the noise is very prominent after the flush on the toilet on the top floor.

This started after we had some work done on our boiler, but that doesn't have any issues.

Any ideas? Am I missing something when draining the system or refilling it?

Thanks,

Steven

You may have loose pipes, a loose jumper on the stopcock, the toilet fill valve could be on its way out, several avenues to explore I’m afraid.

Reply to Sound when closing taps and flushing toilets returns after emptying system in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock