Search the forum,

Discuss Soon to be Ex-RAF looking for a career change. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I'm currently serving in my last 14 months of my RAF career. I am looking to become a Plumber/Heating/Gas engineer and would like to know what is the best route/courses to start with . I understand qual's are qual's and nothing counts for experience. However, I have to start somewhere.

I've read a few threads on here but they are from 2012.

So other than above i have a couple more questions.

Is there anyone on here who is ex military and has done the same in the last few years?
How easy is it to be employed once qualified?

Hope someone out there can assist.

Many Thanks

Mark

Hi mark
Currently in the exact situation you are however had started a renewable course in 2015 which I hopefully will be qualified before my exit from the RAF. Just recently started a Gas course at the start of my portfolio finding it difficult to get work experience with an engineer however I will keep plugging away at it.
As to how easy or hard it is to find work I couldn't say.
Having had some plumbing experience I would say do it on the tools is really enjoyable.

As previously stated boys. I am ex forces myself. Stick with it and you will get a place somewhere to work on your port folio. I did mine more then a couple of years ago. It is hard but worth doing. Post you CV and harass all local companies and eventually you will get somewhere.

Edit due to posting to early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Soon to be Ex-RAF looking for a career change. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock