Search the forum,

Discuss Some people are unbelievable in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I'm being made to do my garden by my evil better half. I've pulled up 29 600x600 slabs and told her to put them on Facebook free to collector somebody replied within 5 minutes they will have the lot.

Now I'm thinking they will turn up in either a big van or a tipper truck something like that and joked with the other half I will laugh it they turn up in a hatchback.

Oh how did I laugh when they turned up in a dacia crossover thing and wanted to put all the slabs in! I put 10 in them stopped.

10 of 2’x2’ slabs must weigh far too much for most vehicles!!!
If they are the standard slabs of 50mm thick, they are weighty.
I bet the rear tyres were bulging?
Frankly illegal and dangerous. :eek:
This is were people don’t think of their cars abilities or insurance details.
Even the tyres will not have reinforced sidewalls, like on many commercial vehicles.
The handling of the car must have been awful and the rear would be leaning over on cornering.
I wouldn’t put more than about 6 or 8 of 600mm slabs into my van.

Last edited:
Selling anything on Facebook is cracking entertainment , I had some concrete garage panels I wanted rid of, 6’6”x 2’ x 3” most are 2” . These would have made a cracking nuclear bunker , the nobheads that wanted them just beggared belief . I said they were free , I told them they needed a van with 3 fit blokes , and non of them took any notice . They kept saying how much do you want , how many will I get in my Renault Cleo etc etc.
Two guys turned up in white dresses with sandals on , they couldnt even move them , they soon went.
Finally a bloke hired a man with a van and they took 6 out of the 15 I wanted shifting , both of them knact their backs .

10 of 2’x2’ slabs must weigh far too much for most vehicles!!!
If they are the standard slabs of 50mm thick, they are weighty.
I bet the rear tyres were bulging?
Frankly illegal and dangerous. :eek:
This is were people don’t think of their cars abilities or insurance details.
Even the tyres will not have reinforced sidewalls, like on many commercial vehicles.
The handling of the car must have been awful and the rear would be leaning over on cornering.
I wouldn’t put more than about 6 or 8 of 600mm slabs into my van.

They have got to be 25kg at least each. She came back to collect the last 19 and said my dad said the car can take it. So she left with probably around 500kg in the back of the car! I was half expecting to hear something on the news of a car that couldn't turn and went off the road.

If my van was completely empty then you could easily take 20 of them as long as you spread the weight around. I was surprised though how little they can take even Van's like trafic/ transporter sort of size.

Just remembered this one ..
Young woman called and wanted a quote for an outside tap , gave her the quote , went back to fit it at 8.30 just as she left for work . While I am getting my gear out she locks the door says goodbye and toddles off down the drive , hang on missis ......“ oh you need to get inside “ , true story.

Just remembered this one ..
Young woman called and wanted a quote for an outside tap , gave her the quote , went back to fit it at 8.30 just as she left for work . While I am getting my gear out she locks the door says goodbye and toddles off down the drive , hang on missis ..“ oh you need to get inside “ , true story.

well did she ask for it connecting up ? or just to fit a tap :D

Reply to Some people are unbelievable in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock