Search the forum,

Discuss Solvent weld in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I am having an extension built and as part of that the soil stack has been moved. The tee where the toilet joins the stack was leaking badly and my builders fix is to keep applying solvent weld to the outside of the joint which has reduced the leak. My view is the joint should be disassembled and renewed as this is going to be a problem later (if he ever stops the leak). which will then be boxed in.
Views please?
Thanks in advance.

Whether it's boxed in or not it needs removing and replacing.
It will come back to haunt the builder as it's him that you will keep phoning up when it leaks.

Either the pipe wasn't cleaned before the adhesive or not enough adhesive was used.

Yep needs removing and replacing

Good point wrt push fit. Looks like it's smothered in solvent weld.

IMG_20210328_190836.jpg

Reply to Solvent weld in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Our boiler is in the loft and I encountered a leak in a roof above our side extension store room which has transpired to be from the boiler condensate pipe. It was cracked at an elbow so the plumber we use has replaced this and hopefully all will be well with that joint. This later prompted me...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing with it as a matter of course. If I'm wrong can someone let me know and I'll shift it to a better place.] I have a condensing boiler installation...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3 or 4 ribs on it). It's painted in a fetching pink/purple colour in the photo. Tried to revive it with some grease before inserting a short length of...
Replies
Views
Hi all Quick question. We went to move our soil pipe through 90* so we can move the toilet. We are just a little unsure how we can move the existing pipework. I’ve attached a couple photos of our existing one. Can anyone confirm whether this is a simple push fit connection or whether it’s...
Replies
Views
Hello there! I hope your weekend has started well. TL/DR: Should I replace 90-degree bend with a smaller type to increase the fall from the shower tray? I am replacing a bathtub with a 1500 X 800 Sonas shower tray which I will place on 4-inch blocks, probably with some 18mm marine ply on top...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock