Search the forum,

Discuss Solvent Weld vs compression waste pipe in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Does anyone have a preference to use solvent weld or compression fittings for waste pipes?

Solvent where you can’t access and if you must compression where you can

Solvent weld everywhere.

Only exception, I sometimes use a compression elbow in place of a rodding tee when a waste pipe goes into a gully and I feel it would be useful to dismantle to allow clearing of pipework in future and clearing of gully.

I thought that solvent weld pipes are different to pipes for compression -so is there a special compression fitting for solvent weld pipes?

No that’s not correct.

Solvent weld pipe is different from pushfit pipe, and compression fitting will work with both of them.

All proper plumbers use solvent weld, push fit waste is a bad idea.

I would buy McAlpine for your compression fittings and traps, I’m sure others are ok too but those never let me down.

No that’s not correct.

Solvent weld pipe is different from pushfit pipe, and compression fitting will work with both of them.

All proper plumbers use solvent weld, push fit waste is a bad idea.

I would buy McAlpine for your compression fittings and traps, I’m sure others are ok too but those never let me down.

Thanks. I was really getting confused with push fit and compression.

I am not sure why push fit was invented when solvent weld and compression from Mcalpine does the job.

So use solvent weld pipes and solvent weld and compression fittings from Mcalpine for wastes and traps.

Makes life simple - too much choice in the world!

Reply to Solvent Weld vs compression waste pipe in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock