Search the forum,

Discuss Solid fuel central heating - no heat in radiators in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have moved into a house that has a large wood burner connected to radiators for the whole house. The pipes go up into the attic and there is an overflow tank there. The radiators are not heating up at all. The pump comes on, but the water doesnt seem to get to the radiators. Also, theres a funny noise coming from the attic - its sounds like the water is bubbling - like boiling!
I live in Bulgaria, and central heating is not a big thing here and finding a heating engineer is proving impossible, so any advice would be very much appreciated. I have no understanding whatsoever of plumbing, so if you answer, please use terms a complete idiot might understand!
Thanks
Yvonne

Be very carefull, boiling water turning to steam expands 242x its liquid volume so can become a bomb and it seems you might be heading that way. do not use your system.
As you do not know what to do and there are so many possible issues you will have to call in an expert whatever. Do not even use your wood burner as a room heater as the water in the back can heat up, and explode. centralheatking

Totally agree and good advice, however it's an even bigger number for water - steam expansion at 1700 times water volume! o_O

Totally agree and good advice, however it's an even bigger number for water - steam expansion at 1700 times water volume! o_O
oh ok even bigger bang then ! I blame the BBC years ago watching a program about steam engines which did mention 242x but maybe that was condensing ones which operate in reverse...thank you for the up date Stig

Reply to Solid fuel central heating - no heat in radiators in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock