Search the forum,

Discuss Solar water heating (batch system) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dealova

Somebody has suggested me to have a roof top water cylinder heated by copper tubes in vacuum tubes, if I wasn't wrong this system called ICS (integral collector storage) or batch heater.

- Is this system still effective in the summer period ?
- Is it better to purchase the materials then DIY or buy the whole system from a manufacturer ?

Any opinions would be appreciated..

solar heating is not for diy as you can have an uncontrolled heat source leading to a dangerous situation unless it has been set up properly iaw mfis and standard practice, call in an expert. any problems you can post me on here

Last edited by a moderator:
right, I mean call an expert to build by himself or purchase a complete system from a manufacturer then they will install it. Which one is the better way ?

manufacturers can reccomend installers who have trained on their particular systems, or choose an installer who has gained the tickets to be able to install your system either way works

manufacturers can reccomend installers who have trained on their particular systems, or choose an installer who has gained the tickets to be able to install your system either way works

Thanks oldplumber :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Solar water heating (batch system) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock