Search the forum,

Discuss Solar Panels in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQuigley67

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hey guys i was wondering if there is a market out there for solar panels ?

ive seen a course at my local college for £275, which is only a 2 day course.. and at the end you are an approved BPEC installer. Is this enough ?

I want to get into this as I think it is the future, and why not start now ?

Yes - BUT ...

You can fit these and have them signed off by the local building inspector for a fee.

The BUT is that the customer won't be able to benefit from the Feed in Tariff (FIT) which is a bit of a bu... bother.

So, as I understand things, you need the solar panel part of the MCS. Then there's the PAS (or something like that). Then there's the Part G or unvented cylinder qualification. Then, ideally, there's the water regulations to learn and adhere to.

Apart from all this there's the cost of installing the things on the roof - not an easy job.

Definitely a market for solar panels in some parts of the country - as long as you can get through all the red tape (which gets right up my nose).

Finally, there's the risk that something might come along soon and make this outdated. For example solar voltaic panels convert to electricity but get too hot and then are not very efficient. Heating solar panels are great in the summer and not so good in the winter. But a new panel is being designed/invented which is going to do both electricity and heating so when it's too hot for the electricity it will convert to heating and when the heating's gone then it will convert back to electricity.

Do the course . Fit the solar panels job done . You will be cheaper than the big firms with MCS ( I think its only £400 grant for solar heating)You will easily be able to compete .
Simple.
Had panels tday at 48 degrees C !

I would say its definitely worth doing you need to look for a suscon course in your area not sure what area they cover i've recently done the bpec heat pump course which was free!! normally £475

Check out Worcester. 2 day, 200 quid, Logic certified and they give you lunch on both days. Down side is they only work with their systems but they cover the basic principals for all systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Solar Panels in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock