Search the forum,

Discuss solar can heater in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

wnjswozo

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
seen these on you tube,look great,going to build one
anyone seen anything similar,that cost a fortune from a manufacturer

If it's what I'm thinking, I used one of these 18 years ago in Zimbabwe at a safari camp. I think we're a little behind the times over here!

Basically it was a metal can above the (outside) shower which warmed water during the day for use at night. Flamin' hot water it was too!! I bet the whole contraption only cost a couple of hundred pounds at most.

the ones i,ve seen just heat the air outside,then,fanned into property,have look on u tube

you can shower all year,this has noyhing to do with heating water,its warm air

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to solar can heater in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Solar thermal not so big these days but a couple of Q for anyone who still works in it. Background. I'm an Electrician not a plumber.. I've been maintaining my otherwise excellent solar thermal (Original install MCS by Others), for the last ~ 18 years, over which time I've needed to clean...
Replies
Views
Background 24 apartments are equipped with thermal stores of (100 to 150 litres) with immersion heater capability. Individual demand of each apartment for domestic hot water varies greatly in timing and volume. Thus the oil boiler is required to work for long periods which is uneconomical...
Replies
Views
I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the normal radiators get hot but two of the three towel heater/radiators don't get hot and the pipes feeding them are cool to the touch even after the boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are having PV panels fitted which will dump the excess energy into our hot water tank. Our house originally had a large 210L economy7 hot water tank (cold tank in loft), but the hot water tank died 18 years ago. At that time we fitted a smaller 117litre tank and went for fitting electric...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking to purchase a 300L unvented indirect cylinder to work with a standard heat only boiler. I may have solar panels in the future, but likely the PV kind rather than the thermal kind, and won't be having heat pump in the future. So the cylinder would be connected to the boiler at...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock