Search the forum,

Discuss Soilstack rodding point in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have an internal soilstack with limited accesability.
The soilstack has a rodding point similar to picture below.
I need to attach a 40 mm waste pipe to where the ridding cover is.
My question is ther an adaptor for this job??

Thanks Eddy
pipe.jpg

Nope sorry to say will need to cut the rodding point out and install a tee etc

Can’t you attach the 40 mm pipe a bit lower using a strap on boss?
There is no room. The rodding boss is at ground level in the back of a cupboard.
I did mastic a 40 mm boss into the rodding cover which has lasted 20 years.
I dont think I have an alternatibe but to do the same so I have just used SIKAFLEX EBT to mastic it in.
I am going to 3d print an extra outer ring to hold the boss in place along with the mastic.

eddy

Couldn’t you design a nut that reduces down to 40mm and uses an oring to seal ?

Also available in compression if the pipe is 1.5"

Reply to Soilstack rodding point in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, As per title we have a regular smell from the shower trap. Clean the trap twice a week, had a cleaning rod down the shower waste pipe and no blockage. Used several different drain cleaners over time but smell returns (not always but often enough to be annoying). Seems to coincide with...
Replies
Views
Can somebody tell me where I can get a cover/top compatible with this header tank please? as insects are getting into the hot water It will also need some form of insulation jacket The tank has been replaced at some point by an identical one, maybe it was damaged so I have included a photo of...
Replies
Views
My living room smells like a sewer but I can't tell where it is coming from. Not sure where to start looking. The saniflo discharge pipe runs above but there is no sign of leakage on the ceiling. The main drain run from the manhole at the back runs under the kitchen, which has a solid floor...
Replies
Views
Hi all, grateful for your expertise on the following. DIYer, not pro. Rural property in France Single storey. Septic tank. Late 80s construction with concrete slab subfloor. All of the waste pipes run in the concrete, and exit the property at the chamber as pictured, just outside the building...
Replies
Views
Need some advice, neighbors sewer drain keeps blocking up every few months. My wife and I have always chipped in with the other three neighbors for unclogging tho we never experience ours clogging up. Sure we had it clog up once and had it blown out with high pressure water from local plumber...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock