Search the forum,

Discuss Soil Stacks and Connections in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I've been reading a lot about drainage connections and wondering if anyone can clear up a few things. I've sketched out the bathroom and utility plan below. Basic plan is:​
  • Foul stack coming from WC/Shower room overhead run internally in a large wall​
  • Connect ground floor into the stack - WC, basin, utility sink, freestanding bath​
  • Connect washing machine, dryer into utility sink above trap​
  • Stack exits wall to chamber outside​
  • 1605862073048.png
  • Would you see any problems with this layout?​
  • Would there be any risk of upstairs causing issues downstairs, e.g. blockages?​
  • Drain for freestanding bath - would 50mm run without venting work at 2m run?

Thanks!

Why don't you just run 1 drain from the stack to the WC and connect the 2 sinks into that drain?
3 separate drains not necessary and a lot of extra work for the same outcome.

Bath waste will have to be on its own drain, due to height issues, but no vent needed over that distance

Thanks for all the comments!

Only issue may connecting bath waste to stack correctly.
What's floor construction?

Floor construction is stone/tile floor on UFH in screed (65mm) over insulation (140mm) over concrete slab (150mm). I thought the bath connection could possibly be to the stack below the WC connection. WC connection would be run over the floor in a concealed wall system.

Why don't you just run 1 drain from the stack to the WC and connect the 2 sinks into that drain?
3 separate drains not necessary and a lot of extra work for the same outcome.

I was thinking something along the line of this (from marley brochure) - with the sinks coming in high and the WC in above floor level.
1606053330194.png

and then a connection like this for the freestanding bath - under the WC:
1606053478067.png

The bend out from the stack to the drain is under an old wall - so the more I can connect into the stack, the less support work I need to do under the wall.

Reply to Soil Stacks and Connections in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock