• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Soil Stacks and Connections in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

V

Victorian House

Hi,

I've been reading a lot about drainage connections and wondering if anyone can clear up a few things. I've sketched out the bathroom and utility plan below. Basic plan is:​
  • Foul stack coming from WC/Shower room overhead run internally in a large wall​
  • Connect ground floor into the stack - WC, basin, utility sink, freestanding bath​
  • Connect washing machine, dryer into utility sink above trap​
  • Stack exits wall to chamber outside​
  • 1605862073048.png
  • Would you see any problems with this layout?​
  • Would there be any risk of upstairs causing issues downstairs, e.g. blockages?​
  • Drain for freestanding bath - would 50mm run without venting work at 2m run?

Thanks!

B

Ben-gee

Esteemed
Plumber
That’ll be fine, presuming there is a nice slow bend at the bottom of the stack- which there probably is.

E

exedon2

Only issue may connecting bath waste to stack correctly.
What's floor construction?

O

oz-plumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Why don't you just run 1 drain from the stack to the WC and connect the 2 sinks into that drain?
3 separate drains not necessary and a lot of extra work for the same outcome.

Bath waste will have to be on its own drain, due to height issues, but no vent needed over that distance

OP
V

Victorian House

Thanks for all the comments!

Only issue may connecting bath waste to stack correctly.
What's floor construction?
Floor construction is stone/tile floor on UFH in screed (65mm) over insulation (140mm) over concrete slab (150mm). I thought the bath connection could possibly be to the stack below the WC connection. WC connection would be run over the floor in a concealed wall system.

Why don't you just run 1 drain from the stack to the WC and connect the 2 sinks into that drain?
3 separate drains not necessary and a lot of extra work for the same outcome.
I was thinking something along the line of this (from marley brochure) - with the sinks coming in high and the WC in above floor level.
1606053330194.png

and then a connection like this for the freestanding bath - under the WC:
1606053478067.png

The bend out from the stack to the drain is under an old wall - so the more I can connect into the stack, the less support work I need to do under the wall.

Reply to Soil Stacks and Connections in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Most Viewed Threads