Search the forum,

Discuss Soil pipe to sink fitting? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Morning, sorry for such a basic question but I I don't know what fitting to use!
I have a fitted toilet which is being removed and a small kitchen sink being put in place. The soil pipe is coming out of the wall horizontally.
I'm used to a boss fitting but I need to blank this?
I saw a fitting for underground pipe to 1 1/1" but thats just push fit so I presume no good for internal soil pipe use?
Can I get a boss fitting that is blanked off?
Thank you.
Paul.

Reactions: WC1
20A88095-2C95-4E3F-A9F2-8DF8BD48B99E.jpeg

I think this would do you, Marley SRM402

I'm used to a boss fitting but I need to blank this?
- not sure if that's a question?
I saw a fitting for underground pipe to 1 1/1" but thats just push fit so I presume no good for internal soil pipe use?
May well be ok but give us a picture.
Can I get a boss fitting that is blanked off?
You can get all sorts of bosses blanked in different ways. Post up a picture or two and we'll be able to see what you're working with and what you're trying to achieve.

Edit looks like Ben has got it. If you use push fit you will be able to disassemble it to clear blockages from kitchen sink grease easier.

Last edited:
- not sure if that's a question?

May well be ok but give us a picture.

You can get all sorts of bosses blanked in different ways. Post up a picture or two and we'll be able to see what you're working with and what you're trying to achieve.

Edit looks like Ben has got it. If you use push fit you will be able to disassemble it to clear blockages from kitchen sink grease easier.
I have used a boss fitting in a vertical soil stack with a pipe in the bottom and a pipe out the top, my new install requires a horizontal soil pipe to be converted to a waste pipe for a sink but without the original soil pipe being continued.
ie. Blanked off?
I think BeeGee understood that right off.
What I'm unsure of is if the fitting BeeGee pictured is pushed on to the soil pipe and glued or os just push on?

Reply to Soil pipe to sink fitting? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
My soil pipe on the downstairs toilet seems to be partially blocked. Now I know it can be rodded but I was thinking of another way. With the toilet removed and exposing the soil pipe I was thinking of making a reducer to fit over the 4 inch pipe down to a garden hose pipe size and then turn the...
Replies
Views
Fitting a new toilet onto this old cast soil pipe that only fits in about 2inches. It's coming through the wall at an angle and can't be changed because of an extension below. The new pan connector keeps dripping on a full flush any ideas on a solution other than silocone which the old one had...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm not an expert but wondered if anyone might be able to assist. I've replaced an old toilet with a new one. I've used the same water inlet pipe, and have just replaced the right angled soil pipe connecter (110 at toilet end to a 97-107 connector end to existing soil pipe). It's secured...
Replies
Views
D
Had a collapsed/cracked collar on the 90deg angled piece that my soil pipe sits in which is leaking water so has needed replacing. Access has been through the outside wall to inside as the soil pipe is internal and boxed in. Now I was expecting the plumber to fit a ‘rest bend’ but a 90 degree...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an opening on the 'manifold' (I think that's what its called) on my soil pipe. It appears to be a non-standard size - about 51mm internally. I'm trying to connect a 40mm floplast solvent weld pipe, and can't find a boss adaptor that even nearly fits. I can't cut a new hole above...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock