Search the forum,

Discuss Soil pipe through tile hung wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

MOSSEP

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
I need to take a soil pipe through a vertical tile hung gable wall at my own house, does anyone know the best way of sealing it and making a good job of cutting the tiles? I wonder if there is a flashing of some sort on the market that might fit? Has anyone had to do this, if so what did you do?

pipesnugg?

Cheers,

That McAlpine flashing from tool station might do the job, Ive also seen a lead version thats similar. I had hoped to carefully core drill the tiles in situ but I cant see it ending too well. The pipesnug looks good, but I'd imagine its only effective on a brick wall?

I used a lead flat roof slate when I had to do this, it worked well and was easy to use. Could probably do your own out of lead if confident, but this was much easier!
Personally I striped off tiles for a good sized margin around work area as only had two spares and I thought they might start jumping off with the vibration. Just go steady and you’ll be fine.

Reply to Soil pipe through tile hung wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to create a cloakroom toilet in our utility room, theres already hot and cold feed so thats one job made slightly easier, thankfully. The problem I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi, I live in a house that is 20yr old. There is a single soil stack running from the top floor (of three) through the first floor bathroom and then through the kitchen to the drains. A while back I started to hear a drip hitting the kitchen ceiling (now with some ceiling evidence too) from...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a search and couldn't find anything related. Installing a wall mounted toilet, unfortunately didn't know this when I put the soil pipe in position. The supplied fitting is now approximately 130mm offset from the vertical connection. Any ideas? (amateur obviously!) Wondered...
Replies
Views
I'm a DIYer and have a problematic toilet setup to fix: The waste pipe was installed too high for waste to flow out from a standard toilet spigot, so I want to install a wall-hung toilet on a frame to get some extra height. To put it where I want it though, I'll need to rotate the bottom...
Replies
Views
Hi could anyone give advice please ? I went to look at a new build for sale they are apartments/ one house on top of another all properties will be privately owned by individual buyers, a guy on-site pointed out that the plumbing is wrong on the properties as a perspective buyer I’d like to know...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock