Search the forum,

Discuss Soil pipe leaking, and diy inspection? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I’ve had a rodent problem in the loft (I know they are in the drain because I saw rats in inspection chamber). The soil stack appears intact in the vertical loft section and vented at roof. I’m pushing the insurance to get a drain survey (water company did cctv the drain and said no defects).

I suspect where the vertical then goes into the horizontal with a turn is the problem area. The first drain guy sent (only for unblocking) said the bends can drop etc and as I know rats are there they might have made a hole. No sewer smells but the concrete doesn’t look dry around the collar.The photo is not great but there is water around the collar. Waste would be falling from 1st storey onto the bend so not sure if it splashes up?

I do have my own WiFi endoscope which I used to look in the cavity where the cold mains comes in and there is definitely nesting activity there.

What is the in the photo on the pipe? Is it an access panel on the pipe before it goes into a collar? Silly question but I presume it’s threaded with an O ring seal. As it’s old if I open it is it likely the seal fails? I did try getting my camera through a capped basin waste into the main soil but was on the small side to get into the main stack.

Cobwebs indicate no rodents but nesting material indicates they may have got in there in the past. Probably up through the cold water services entry.

Attachments

• 75B95211-9420-434E-B24B-DB530C967DB6.jpeg
    75B95211-9420-434E-B24B-DB530C967DB6.jpeg
    275.6 KB · Views: 16

Reply to Soil pipe leaking, and diy inspection? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock