Search the forum,

Discuss Soil pipe drop/sleeper wall. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, was after some advice on getting a better drop on a downstairs 6m 110mm soil pipe running under floorboards. Has been in since moving in and has never drained properly. Some of this I thought was due to a 5L water saving flush but as a family stuck to a number 1s only rule till I could have a look. Finally getting around to changing some things around and getting under kitchen floorboards. Result is no drop on soil pipe with a bowing in the middle on joint as soil pipe was completely unsupported in that area. I’ve checked this which is fine/dry and now supported. Wanted to ask if ok to take 2 bricks out from middle bit of a sleeper wall next to external wall under where kitchen units will be to get a better drop on the pipe? I’ve attached an image of the other end to better describe. Plan was to hammer and bolster 2 vertical bricks out, possibly split bricks in half, relay and repoint then lay the pipe down on top of this?
Is this ok?
Anyone come across/done similar?

Attachments

• 74B4012A-106C-4756-8A91-18BFC7757B8D.jpeg
    74B4012A-106C-4756-8A91-18BFC7757B8D.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 28
yes fine to remove two bricks / enough to get the 110mm pipe through

Reply to Soil pipe drop/sleeper wall. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock