Search the forum,

Discuss Soil pipe boss removal.. Help in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

OK so I've started and my original plan is looking good.

Is the bottom of that boss push fit? Will brute force get it off? If not how am I going to cut it out .. is there a fabulous tool that will get in there between two joists and a wall. 🤯

Really don't want to be damaging kitchen underneath to get it out.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• 20210912_105547.jpg
    20210912_105547.jpg
    383.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 20210912_105600.jpg
    20210912_105600.jpg
    385.9 KB · Views: 24
If not how am I going to cut it out .. is there a fabulous tool that will get in there between two joists and a wall. 🤯
I'm not exactly sure where you're going with this or what standard of finish you need but if you just want to cut the boss out you may find an 'oscillating multitool' with a saw attachment will do the trick. (The thing that pathologists use to saw the top off skulls in programmes like CSI and Silent Witness.)

I suggest you practice on some scrap pipe first before tackling the real job.

Also used to remove plaster casts in hospital. First time I remember having a cast off I was about 8 - I thought they might cut my leg off if I moved.

Patience care maybe more than one hack saw cut and a hot air gun used carefull .
Probably your only option without cutting much lower down.
I will try later today. Working nights so been a bit limited.
If it doesn't work what are the thoughts on using this, sliding over the top of the boss:

Reply to Soil pipe boss removal.. Help in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Trying to connect up new 40mm waste into the old soil stack (which would be an absolute pain to remove), it's all Osma pipe, from the 70s. Pulled out the old waste from the boss and discovered the seal is pretty knackered, hardened and cracked everywhere (red coloured seal in the photo)...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3 or 4 ribs on it). It's painted in a fetching pink/purple colour in the photo. Tried to revive it with some grease before inserting a short length of...
Replies
Views
I'm a DIYer and have a problematic toilet setup to fix: The waste pipe was installed too high for waste to flow out from a standard toilet spigot, so I want to install a wall-hung toilet on a frame to get some extra height. To put it where I want it though, I'll need to rotate the bottom...
Replies
Views
Hi all , Have a slight weeping leak on the underside of where soil pipe meets the tee join (seems like a little gap), at bottom ,after toilet upstairs is flushed ,highlighted area is in yellow leaking. Hard to remove it seems tight , can I just get away with putting some ct1, fernox lsx or...
Replies
Views
A
Hey, I'll start by saying I'll be getting a plumber out to do this but wanted some advice first. We're redoing our ground floor bathroom this year and want to move the toilet to another wall as part of that. I've cracked open the boxing around the old toilet today to see what's going on behind...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock