Search the forum,

Discuss Soil connections for toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEH

3535588F-4252-49B3-B530-9FE7919BA637.jpeg
As you can see in the picture I’ve got a socket on the soil stack that I’d like to fit a toilet to at 90 degrees. I’m not sure the best way to do it, as I seem to have got into a muddle with the different fittings.

Unfortunately the old toilet was bodged so I don’t have a point of reference. The original pipe had a 90 degree turn and then presumably a short piece of pipe into the socket. The old toilet then had a straight connector into that, except the pipe is about 40 or 50mm below the spigot, so the connector was at a funny angle and held on with duct tape.

My thought was to put a new bend on the soil stack and then use a straight flexi connector? I’m not sure how else to get the drop in height from the spigot to the soil stack as presumably the connector needs to be on straight to the spigot?

P.S the bit coming out the back of the pan is a connector kit, the spigot is quite far back in the pan. Ideally the end of this which is 110mm could go straight into a socket, but as far as I can see, if I take a 90 round it’s much too low to do that-hence I was thinking to use a flexi connector?

Thanks for the quick reply!

First a dumb question - why 92.5 degrees?

Second - I think you're right about the 14 degree - I'd need the length it has as the spigot is 215mm back from the wall.

The pan is a back-to-wall pan so I was thinking of using this: McAlpine WC-F21R Flexible WC Pan Connector White 110mm | Pan Connectors | Screwfix.com

As I like the idea of having a clip on the spigot end. Would this also work? I suppose there's a preference for rigid where possible, just sounds like it might be hit-and-miss with the other connector (though I guess I can work out the rise).

14 degree over about 200mm gives a rise of about 50mm, which is almost bang on. Just not sure I can find that connector locally.

It's just how they are you can't get a true 90 in 110mm

It would but I would never as they tend to split/ get eaten through

So I have now tried both the 14 degree connector and the flexi. 14 degree didn't quite give me the right rise so didn't fit perfectly on the spigot. The connection leaked a bit so I tried the flexi (the McAlpine one above with the Jubilee clip).

Annoyingly this is also leaking - admittedly not a lot but there's still a little puddle under the bend of the toilet.

I'm starting to get really frustrated with it. Any ideas?

I noticed there was some irregular bits of glaze on the spigot:

IMG_3357.JPG

Could this be the problem? I'm going to email Duravit support as well to see what they think (it's a D-code back to the wall close coupled loo) - I'm just starting to think it's not the connectors??

What size is the outlet not uncommon for them to be made too small

How does the 14 pan connector fit on tight or can you push it on easy dry no lube/ fairy

Strange I would defo email the manufacturer of the pan

Yeah, I also tried the 14 deg connector with the old pan which is the same height as this new pan - that didn't leak despite the angle not quite being right. I'll get in touch with the manufacturer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Soil connections for toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock