Search the forum,

Discuss Software for accounts and customer records in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rideorhide

Just wondering if anybody is using an accounting packages. Been looking at clear books but not to sure if it's for me. Also is there software that you can recored customers contact details. Any advise or recommendations would be appreciated.

I use old fashioned pen and paper. Just about all customer names and numbers go on my mobile and all are written in a large A4 book. This includes all my notes (address, how to get there, notes of first conversation, prices talked about, materials required, date, etc, etc.) Rather scruffy notes but great when I need to go back a few months or a couple of years.

I used to use Kashflow and its pretty good too but I prefer the dividend feature in Freeagent, but each to their own.
I used to use pen and paper but kept losing bits of receipts etc, bits of paper, cardboard with tel numbers kicking around the inside of my van!
Word of warning about storing details on a mobile - dont rely on the data transfer services of vodafone if you upgrade your handset!! I lost a few contact details which led to a lot of heartache (and swearing admittedly by me!!).

Yes I think making notes is great especially for things like where the mains stopcock is located etc. Thanks for your input.

I'm going to the 60 day trial today. Looks good so far, Thanks for the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Software for accounts and customer records in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just been to a nightmare of a job! Had to carry out a service on the 2009 British Gas 330 + (GC: 41-019-11) It's a Glow Worm boiler. The boiler was flashing SE even before I arrived, which I assumed the service reminder needed resetting. After completing the service I contact Glow Worm to...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, advice needed here... I am a 51 yr old leak detection engineer/plumber 2 years into self employment which i am loving. To get going I bought a 61 plate transit which has been great but is now off the road for a few weeks at least - which now that i am established and making decent...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm currently working on a job for a customer. their radiators are not all heating up. in total there is 12 radiators. 4 of these are on 15mm pipework, the rest are on 10mm. its powered by a Grundfos ups3 pump. the boiler is an 18kw heat only boiler. There are two radiators mainly...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a bathroom for a regular customer. She is of old age and is starting to get a little clumsy and her son has asked me to look at the old gas fire/back...
Replies
Views
I've had a couple of these battery powered thermostats fail and currently looking at finding replacements but I'm fairly sure they are now superseded? Can anybody advise on other programmable battery powered units that could be used instead? I'm assuming the others may well start to fail in the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock