Search the forum,

Discuss soft jaw grips/similar in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpsy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Where is the best place to get a decent pair of soft jaw grips please?

Never seen them in my local parts centre or City’s a plumbing mate. (Sorry) I’m sure @ShaunCorbs will pop Along shortly with a link for a supplier.:p:p

Depends what your going to be using them for, if your only going to be using them on spanner flats / nuts then go for the knipex pliers wrench

If your going to be using / wanting the grip function then go with the soft jaw ones but they won't grip like normal grips

Also I wouldn't go with anything else other than knipex I've got a set 10+ years and there still going strong

Knipex 86 03 300 Pliers Wrench Adjustable Spanner 300mm | eBay

Knipex 81 11 250 Soft Jaw Plastic Traps Tube Fittings Connector Gripping Pliers | eBay

Depends what your going to be using them for, if your only going to be using them on spanner flats / nuts then go for the knipex pliers wrench

If your going to be using / wanting the grip function then go with the soft jaw ones but they won't grip like normal grips

Also I wouldn't go with anything else other than knipex I've got a set 10+ years and there still going strong

Knipex 86 03 300 Pliers Wrench Adjustable Spanner 300mm | eBay

Knipex 81 11 250 Soft Jaw Plastic Traps Tube Fittings Connector Gripping Pliers | eBay
For chrome nuts and shower items that are round

It will have to be the more rounded shaped soft grips then. I suppose you could have that and a Knipex parallel jaw wrench.
Plumb center were once doing the Knipex parallel wrench at good price, that was posted about on here. Otherwise shop around or try online to avoid high cost.
Note that the Knipex is made in various sizes. I have the 250mm I think, and it has max opening of jaws of 2 and a 1/4"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to soft jaw grips/similar in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Does anyone know please what kind of fitting this is? I have hot cold wallmounted faucets for a bathroom basin. The original taps (pictured were not gripping and slipping around the pipe)I was told by a plumber that he couldn't find any similar taps with a fitting like this (some sort of...
Replies
Views
Hi I had to remove the glass panels from this quadrant shower cubicle and I'm struggling to get one of the screens back in place properly. The small glass panel is supposed to slide into the wall channel, and some holes in the side of the channel (inside the cubicle) should align with some...
Replies
Views
I own a Aqualisa Q shower but the pinch grip holder has broken but how to do get the bottom part off (see attached) so I can feed the new replacement part on to the shower rail? Any help or advice would be most appreciated.
Replies
Views
Hi. Husband and I, both 85, have done our own plumbing all our 52 years married but are finding it harder now to get under sinks etc.!! Our current problem is a sixty year old supatap in kitchen sink. It has not needed attention for many years but is now dripping badly.We are unable to unscrew...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all - hoping to get some advice here on a plumbing issue in our house. When we are showering / filling the bath and another appliance draws water (toilet cistern filling after flushing, tap being turned on or washing machine filling etc), the water pressure / flow to the other appliance...
Replies
Views
Azonic
A
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock