Search the forum,

Discuss Smell in Bathroom? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a recurring bad smell whenever I use the bath or shower. It's not all the time it takes time to build up and then when you get home from work you can smell it when you open the front door. It doesn't smell like farts, it smells like some sort of chemical and spreads through the flat.

I have a recurring bad smell whenever I use the bath or shower. It's not all the time it takes time to build up and then when you get home from work you can smell it when you open the front door. It doesn't smell like farts, it smells like some sort of chemical and spreads through the flat.
I should also note that it's a top floor flat 3rd story built on top of an old coal seam. Sometimes when I walk up the stairs I can smell the same smell on the second floor.

Where is the water trap? Thanks
The U-bend in toilet pans and under bath/shower/basins, smells dont travel through water. Push straw/pencil or whatever through waste grills from above and see if they come out wet.

Reply to Smell in Bathroom? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock