Search the forum,

Discuss smell coming from plumbing underneath my kitchen sink. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I live in pattaya, thailand. just moved into a condo. a few days after moving in, I started smelling sewer gas coming from underneath my kitchen sink. I asked the landlord to fix it. but he has ignored me for a week now. so, I'm thinking I need to resolve this myself or move out. mind you, I don't know hardly anything about plumbing except what I see on youtube. I don't want to move out because I got a great deal on the rent. which means I need to resolve this issue myself.

I know the plumbing underneath my kitchen sink is wrong. I need somebody to tell me via a diagram how it should be redone. the following is a pic of the plumbing underneath my kitchen sink. if you need more pics to better illustrate the problem, let me know. thanks for you help.

Attachments

• IMG_20210718_235606.jpg
    IMG_20210718_235606.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20210719_141912.jpg
    IMG_20210719_141912.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 18
I was thinking. correct me if I'm wrong since I'm a total novice at plumbing. would it make sense to get rid of the existing bottle trap and just redo the entire plumbing making a simple p-trap using pvc? or keep the old bottle trap, and just add 2 pieces of pvc to connect/close the part coming from the wall to the bottle trap? just thinking. like I said. total novice brainstorming.

an update: after a frantic search for a plumber, I located someone. he spoke thai. so, I had a problem communicating with him. but after showing him the pics I had, he came up to my place to look. we talked prices. quote, "how much you pay?" not knowing what to say. I replied how about 500 baht. maybe 30 minutes later he fixed the problem using makeshift pvc pipes. apparently, he got the stuff next door at some thai hardware shop for less than a 100 baht. 3 dollars? I guess I overpaid the local rate. but I didn't care. I just wanted the job done. 500 baht is about 17 dollars. no biggie. so, now I know a plumber to go to. good to know. here is a pic of the job he did.

Attachments

• IMG_20210721_151206.jpg
    IMG_20210721_151206.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 11
Looks a pretty decent job to be fair. I'd be happy with that. My only concern is it looks like he may have removed the overflow?

Can't comment on the labour cost, but if he's happy and you are, then all is well.

Reply to smell coming from plumbing underneath my kitchen sink. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock