Search the forum,

Discuss Smart thermostats replacement of old in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi I have a 5 year old combination boiler it doesn’t have a thermostat anywhere, it only has a small electric display next to the boiler for the on and off for the boiler . I have been looking at buying a wireless smart thermostat so I can control the boiler temperature from my phone and Alexa smart speakers. I had a quick look at some of them and most sound like you have to remove the old thermostat and wire the new one to it so you can’t see ould control through your phone. But we don’t have one so can’t. Any idea of how to do it?

Reply to Smart thermostats replacement of old in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have recently moved into a property which has a Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440 Standalone Combi gas boiler. This appears to be a relatively old unit however, it is still in great working condition and has been serviced on a regular basis. I'd like to add a Nest Thermostat to control the...
Replies
Views
I have an issue with a Worcester Greenstar 29CDi Classic boiler. I replaced the old thermostat controller with a smart dual-channel HIVE one. I did all the wiring following the diagram in the attached picture. The boiler doesn't work anymore. Please, any suggestions?
Replies
Views
I
I've had my tado system in my new build for 5 years now and it's been fine. Yesterday morning I changed the batteries on the second floor thermostat and now it's not switching on the boiler to heat that floor. The thermostat display is fine and the app is fine. All systems say they are fine and...
Replies
Views
Hi all My combi boiler currently has a wireless thermostat could i just buy a smart thermostat to connect to my existing receiver or do i need a new receiver to work with a smart thermostat
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi everyone, I’m writing on behalf of my elderly neighbour and hoping this is a problem someone on this forum has experience of and remedied. The boiler was not responding to the wireless thermostat. The various settings on the thermostat seemed fine and 3 heating times and temperatures were...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock