Search the forum,

Discuss smart thermostats for multiple zones? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

hi, I have 4 small bedsits, the heating (radiators) for all 4 is by a single Ideal Vogue c40 Gen2 boiler, I'm wanting to install a seperate smart thermostat in each of the 4 bedsits and ideally 1 in the communal area (5 thermostats in total), does anyone know of a system that will support this? cheers.

Would you want independent control of each room ?

thanks for your reply, we don't need to control each room, just each bedsit as a whole, the plumbing has been done so that each bedsit is on a seperate zone, hopefully that helps!

So each has its own port valve ?

As Shaun is saying each bedsit will need a zone valve for the control you are seeking heatmiser is worth a look . Kop

thanks, I think each bedsit has its own zone valve, i've attached some photos . . .

IMG_2146.jpg

IMG_2147.jpg

Keep it simple then

Honey well 6360 for each room and a main timer

Don't forget your can't have a trv on the room rads just lock shield

Or go with a wireless prog room stat

the bedsits are going to be holiday lets and I ideally want to be able to control the heating from a phone app - then I can turn it on before guests arrive and switch it off when the bedsits are vacant. I looked at the Ideal touch connect but sadly you can only connect one thermostat! The Nest ones are too clever (and expensive) for what we need, must be a simpler alternative that just allows you to turn the heating on and control temperature (in multiple zones)?

Heatmiser system you need if wifi it's a must

Just looking at the Heatmiser Neostat, looks like a good option, presumably we can use multiple ones with the one boiler?

Yes probably need there wiring / zone centre as well but yes

Thats great, thanks!

All the bedsits have a small bathroom, open plan living room / kitchen and one bedroom, if we had one centrally located thermostat in each bedsit would that do it?

Yes but if there's a rad in the same room must be non trv controlled

What's heating the hot water ?

You will need their wiring centre as Shaun says but can run multiples zones from the boiler theres a paragraph on the bottom of page 10. Kop

Reply to smart thermostats for multiple zones? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock