Search the forum,

Discuss Smart Thermostat Megaflow & Underfloor Heating For Large Extension in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gary Oates

Hi All,

After spending countless hours researching and driving myself mad i was hoping someone with experience might be able to offer some advice.

We are totally renovating our house and installing a new boiler with megaflo style water system, and wet underfloor heating in a new large open plan kitchen/dining space which is approx 45sqm. The electricians/plumbers are due to start in a couple of weeks and i want to get a clear picture in my head of what system i want to use before they show up.

We want to install a smart thermostat to control the heating system, hot water and underfloor heating, preferably one with sensors that will turn everything off when we are out to help with the bills.

There are loads of smart thermostats available, but many of them seem to suggest i will need additional thermostats for the hot water & underfloor heating, which might be annoying.

I was wondering if anyone might have some suggestions on what systems might work best for us? Ideally we would like one single thermostat/app to control everything, but multiple thermostats wouldn't be the end of the world if we get the best system, and/or it saved lots of money.

Thanks

Gary

heatmiser do some very good systems

or honeywell evohome

non of these are cheap but there good

Your going to need individual thermostats for the UFH, heating and hot water other wise they won't be able to work indipendiatly. I'm a fan of heatmiser controls and would probably go for heatmiser central control. Another good solution would be Honeywell evo home which can be controlled by a central screen but you could zone each room which has radiators as well by using the wireless TRV's.

Edit: was typing as @ShaunCorbs replied.

Evohome from Honeywell will be able to control all of that via its radiator heads for existing and or new radiators, underfloor heating controller and room sensors for UFH and hot water controller for the Megaflow. You would not need any separate controller for UFH and a lot of the ones supplied with kits are truly junk. Honeywell is easy to set up and reliable provided installer sticks to the installation instructions. If want to fully integrate the system in a home automation style system that very powerful yet relatively easy to set up ( although you may need to be little more techie) look at Loxone.

hi all, thanks for your help, i think i will go for the Heatmiser system, it looks like just what i need. I will have a bout 4 different zones, does anyone know if the thermostats have to be in the rooms they are controlling? Or can i put all of the thermostats together in a cupboard somewhere and just run separate sensors to the zones to monitor the temperature? Thanks

I think you can run a separate probe but not 100% best bet is to give heatmiser a ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Smart Thermostat Megaflow & Underfloor Heating For Large Extension in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock