Search the forum,

Discuss Smart Thermostat For Alpha Evoke 28 Combi Boiler in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone,

I hope you may be able to offer some advice and/or opinions.

I'd really like to install a smart thermostat for our boiler. Due to health conditions, I myself am particularly sensitive to temperature changes and have poor mobility, and therefore find the current traditional dial thermostat that came with the boiler a pain to fiddle around with all the time. I feel a smart thermostat that we could program from our phones and remotely would work much better for us.

That being said, I've done some reading and see that there is some negativity from plumbers about installing Hive as it's essentially a downgrade and a glorified on/off switch? I saw some other brands mentioned that may be better, such as Honeywell Home T6R.

So I was wondering what everyone's opinion would be regarding my particular boiler and smart thermostats.

Many thanks.

A downgrade, what thermostat is in currently? Yes, Hive would be just on/off, similar to a lot of others. After reading your manual it seems if you wanted better control (opentherm) it would need to be compatible with your boiler, but appears you can get an Alpha RF (Radio Frequency) thermostat which may suit?

Attachments

• 67763A2A-6DA5-4A81-9288-8CE49103C837.png
    67763A2A-6DA5-4A81-9288-8CE49103C837.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1

Reply to Smart Thermostat For Alpha Evoke 28 Combi Boiler in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock