Search the forum,

Discuss smart CH thermostat, I get .. but what about Smart HW in the Canada area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm looking at a MiGenie Dual system to control my heating system wirelessly, as it is 'nearly' plug and play with my Dayton 722 controller

Something just occurred to me...

I can understand the smart C Heating temp idea as there is a change to a wireless room thermostat.. Then I notice that you can, with the app, alter the HW temp. But you can't with a mechanical stat (which I have) on the tank; just as you could not with a room stat.. cos it's mechanical.

I have not found a smart HW stat.. or not known where to look or specify , more like. :eek:

Poiner are appreciated as always.

Thanks Chuka.

feel stupid now 🤒

LOL

I just saw the app interface and it had temp on it... oh well that's one less thing to have to concern myself with..:)

Thanks for quick replies guys.. đź‘Ť

feel stupid now 🤒

LOL

I just saw the app interface and it had temp on it... oh well that's one less thing to have to concern myself with..:)

Thanks for quick replies guys.. đź‘Ť

Don't feel stupid. Most people obviously use water at different temperatures for different things and it isn't automatically stupid to initially think about controlling it at source. However hot water must be stored above 60 degrees C and you can't go changing that.

I know a guy who is about as tight as a human being can get. He has his cylinder stat set at 40 because that's the temp he uses it at and doesn't want to waste money storing it hotter than he needs it! I have explained the dangers of doing that so many times but to no avail. He simply does not believe it's a health risk :oops: He lives on his own fortunately so he can only hurt himself. Anyway I digress as usual...

There's smart controllers which will tell you the temperature that your hot water is currently at, such as Honeywell Evohome - which I find quite useful. But it wouldn't allow you to alter the temperature for certain timed periods.

Reply to smart CH thermostat, I get .. but what about Smart HW in the Canada area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am looking to have electric ufh and water based towel warmer in a bathroom, and want to control both the air temperature and floor temperature using a dual thermostat. So the thermostat would have built-in temperature sensor which will be used to control the valve of the towel warmer (it will...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am trying to identify components in my central heating setup as a precursor to installing a smart thermostat and TRVs (looking at Tado, but open to other suggestions). My issue is I don't really understand what I'm looking at in terms of the components around my boiler and thermostat...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm having issues with my wireless Honeywell thermostat. It's sat in the living room, set at 18C currently. It makes my Worcester Greenstar 18Ri to short cycle. So, the moment it gets cold outside my boiler works for about a minute, then stops, and starts again in about 5 minutes, then...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm new to this forum and just looking for some advice if someone could please help. I'm trying to fit a Drayton smart heating system and I'm unsure how to wire one of the components which I believe is known as the programmer or controller. There is one that was originally fitted with the...
Replies
Views
H
I have a Viessmann 100-w four pipe system boiler controlled by a Potterton EP2001. I have bought a Tado smart thermostat starter kit v3+ but can't find out how to wire it. I have seen mention of using a Tado extension kit but the Tado website says: Extension Kit The Extension Kit performs a...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock