Search the forum,

Discuss Small washing machine drainpipe, help please! in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

B

bekster

My husband is trying to install a Cat Genie, a self-flushing litter box. The box liquifies the cat poop and drains it into the washing machine drain. Our problem is our current drainpipe is only 1.5 inches wide and also made of copper. He is worried about backflow. Do you have any advice for him? Links are pics of the current and potential future setup.

Did you ever get this installed? Would be interested to know how it is working out!

Reply to Small washing machine drainpipe, help please! in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine waste but the problem is in the water supply. Currently there is only hot and cold washing machine hose fitting isolators attached to very short...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just moved the washing machine into the garage and it will not drain. I wonder if it's something to do with the way I have installed the waste? The washing machine is only a month old and was working fine this morning before re-positioned. I put an 1100mm hoorizontal run at around...
Replies
Views
Hey All-- New here as this is something I have not had to do on this scale before. I am renovating our laundry room, which currently only has the hookups for the washing machine box, but I want to add a sink as well. So I need some help with running the drain pipe mostly to make sure it is...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Had to replace our integrated washing over the weekend, almost a straight swap except for hinge position on cupboard door (nightmare!). Now when the washing machine is draining we are getting a gurgling sound from the sink. The washing machine is slightly bigger so maybe have a...
Replies
Views
Hi, For quite some time now I've been getting quite bad sewage type smells after using my washing machine. I also get water coming up through the kitchen sink when the washing machine drains along with the bad smell. I've read that where the washing machine waste pipe joins the main pipe under...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock