Search the forum,

Discuss small central heating tank overflow pipe constantly dripping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chimo

Hi all, hope someone can help me with this ongoing problem. The central heating overflow pipe drips constantly even with central heating off and water cold with no immersion on. Its an oil fired 30 year old system which also has a back boiler. I have emptied small tank to well below overflow level and checked that overflow valve was opening/closing properily and it seems to be working fine. The j shped pipe over the small tank is bone dry. The only thing that i hav'nt checked was to drian the small tank completely to see if the water is entering the bottom of the small tank the pipe feeds to the central heating system. How can the small tank be filling with water with no heating/pump running. Anybody any ideas?

many thanks

Hi
sorry t here you are having problems is the cold water storage tank water level higher than the small header tank if so I believe you may have a hole or perforation in the indirect part of your hot water storage cylinder best to get a qualified plumber in

Thanks for all your replys. With heating/pump off and water cold I drained the small central heating tank today and the pipe going into the bottom of the small tank is dribbling water into small tank. Ballcock working fine. Is the coil leaking water into cenral heating system?

many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to small central heating tank overflow pipe constantly dripping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Hello, I’m new to the business so apologies if this is a stupid question. I was tracing the cistern tank overflow pipe and found it eventually went to nowhere. Basically a disaster waiting to happen. The problem I have is that this is a flat on the 2nd floor with no visible external overflow...
Replies
Views
Hi I need some advice as this has been ongoing since august and nobody can find a problem but meantime water is damaging my walls. The lady upstairs had a plumber in July who relocated her washbasin shower and fitted a new radiator.He caused a bad leak and came to fix it in august and I thought...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot water tank, not sure of the size in liters but its about 1600mm tall. The tank is around 3 years old now and was amazing when it was first installed. Around a year ago we had a problem with water dripping from the overflow pipe outside and we ended...
Replies
Views
I have a ROS small faucet for drinking water. The main faucet in the kitchen works find. I recently replaced the main faucet but after reconnecting everything, the overflow on the ROS drinking water faucet will not stop running. The only thing connected to the ROS that I manipulated was an...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock