Search the forum,

Discuss Slow Shower Leak/Seapage After Showering in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a builder-grade framed shower enclosure that is leaking water near bottom drywall and baseboard (drywall near floor is damp but only 3-4 hours after both me and wife take separate showers backtoback (it does not seap when only one of us showers). Shower is 14 years old. I recaulked suspected area on and around shower door and frames with clear silicone and then after drying 3 days water tested area and it did not leak. I thought I I fixed the issue because I took a shower and it did not leak but once both myself and my wife took separate showers it started leaking again. I think it has something to do with something being clogged up and length of shower time. I have researched that weep holes could be clogged up but I'm not sure if I have weep holes in the drain see attached pictures. I have an old Oatley Caspers drain with black rubber gasket on top but no weep holes I'm wondering if weep holes are up under black gasket but I'm afraid to lift it and damage it. Also see picture of water leak
Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_20191202_111903.jpg
    IMG_20191202_111903.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20191202_111929.jpg
    IMG_20191202_111929.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20191202_112045.jpg
    IMG_20191202_112045.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 5

Reply to Slow Shower Leak/Seapage After Showering in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I had a potential leak in the island kitchen drain, but it's no longer an issue after using an auger through the clean-out pipe. The water seemed to be coming out from the base of the pipe. I've removed a section of drywall for inspection purposes. After filling both sinks with water and...
Replies
Views
i can't tell if my shower tap (cock stop) is leaking or not ...............so after showering, the shower head will drip fast for 2 hours, then drip slowly after that...........i put a bucket under the shower head to collect the water for 26 hours the first time.............then 19 hours the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a couple of leaks coming under shower tray downstairs. One is along the wall so think might be joint between wall and tray and the other seems to be near waste tray, there is a slight hairline crack in shower tray near waste . This happens when I leave the shower head near the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Shower is leaking into downstairs when water is being aimed at wall . All sealant has been redone on outside and between shower tray and wall at the bottom on inside , can’t spot any leakages here. It runs down the wall downstairs beneath shower in lines , when water is sprayed at the...
Replies
Views
I recently had a plumber come over to look at a badly leaking shower head. As best I can recall, he described the problem as a crack in the bridge of the cold water pipe and explained that there were two options: 1. Get into the wall with a jackhammer to fix the problem; or 2. Install one of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock