Search the forum,

Discuss Slow pump leading lots of air. in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I_R

Hello.
I have a vented system. My boiler has been cutting out. Checked and bled all radiator. Checked the tank in the loft is full and water coming in when ball pressed down.
The retern to the boiler is very hot so expect pump is too fast, as it is set to max speed (3) so slowed to mid speed (2), then the banding started and I am emptying air out of 1 radiator and the air collection point before 3 way valve. Every 10 mins.
There is water coming into the small tank in loft with every bang and its hot.
I can't find any leaking of the system. It should be obvious by now as that radiator is nealy empty of water every 10mins.
When boiler is working the radiators all get hot but the balance valve is set to less than 1/2 a turn on each, I presume to help reduce the flow back to the boiler.
I am thinking the pump may be on its way out.
Any ideas please?
Ian

Reply to Slow pump leading lots of air. in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a conventional system, Potterton Prima Boiler, into a Pump into a Motorised Valve that feeds the Radiators and/or the pipes in the Hot Water Cylinder. Analogue Controller with slide switches (replaced 2 years ago) and analogue Room Stat and Hot water cylinder Stat. I'm just an amateur...
Replies
Views
Morning all, I have a Worcester Bosch 8000 life 40kw boiler on system with 7 radiators and the boiler is located in the loft of a 1907 end of terrace house. It has been range rated down to 50% and I currently have the flow temperature set to 64, due to slow warm up. I recently purchased a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is unvented and pressurised. The cold water feed into this cylinder is from the attic tank, not the mains as I turned off the mains stopcock to see if hot...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Ive had to replace the pump isolator valves as they were leaking. All done and working but struggling to get air out. Rads are all good but when the boiler starts and stops there is odd sounds but mainly coming from inside the HW tank, sounds like water falling so im guessing air in...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the AUTO (adaptive mode) setting on this the new pump or which mode it is best set at (recently had our old 3-speed pump replaced with the above smart...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock