Search the forum,

Discuss Slow dry solvent cement for ABS in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, does anyone know of a slow dry/cure solvent cement for ABS waste pipes please?

Got some 50mm floplast ABS waste pipes in a tricky ceiling that will be a pain to get the cement on, line up and push together before the normal solvent cement goes off - in the 15 seconds you get to fit them together. Are there any slower drying products out there?

I emailed Griffon and they said their UNI-100 GT would work on ABS but not to use too much. But now struggling to find it in a small pot.

Any advice gratefully received.
Thanks,
Dave.

I don’t know of any sorry you could have a look at the pressure plastic stuff eg the stuff they use for pools as I’m sure that takes 24 hours to go off eg durapipe

I don’t know of any sorry you could have a look at the pressure plastic stuff eg the stuff they use for pools as I’m sure that takes 24 hours to go off eg durapipe
Thanks Shaun, I've emailed a few today. I reckon the Griffon UNI-100 GT will do it but getting hold of a small tin rather than 5 litres is like pulling teeth.

Reply to Slow dry solvent cement for ABS in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock