Search the forum,

Discuss Slow dry solvent cement for ABS in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, does anyone know of a slow dry/cure solvent cement for ABS waste pipes please?

Got some 50mm floplast ABS waste pipes in a tricky ceiling that will be a pain to get the cement on, line up and push together before the normal solvent cement goes off - in the 15 seconds you get to fit them together. Are there any slower drying products out there?

I emailed Griffon and they said their UNI-100 GT would work on ABS but not to use too much. But now struggling to find it in a small pot.

Any advice gratefully received.
Thanks,
Dave.

I don’t know of any sorry you could have a look at the pressure plastic stuff eg the stuff they use for pools as I’m sure that takes 24 hours to go off eg durapipe

Reply to Slow dry solvent cement for ABS in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have this at home: Glue and I need to solvent-weld these abs drain piping: pipe and elbow Can I avoid purchasing solvent cement? Or would that present some problem? Thanks.
Replies
Views
In reality though, it's done all the time. Most don't realise it shouldn't be done and the reasons why. So why? What are the potential problems and the likelihood of those problems happening over time if an MuPVC to ABS joint is made and brought into service for hot and cold drainage? Is...
Replies
Views
Can 40mm solvent ABS (e.g. Floplast) be glued into a 40mm pressure solvent PVC (unknown manufacturer) pipe fitting? They're both solvent based, the Floplast solvent cement says it can glue both ABS and PVC, but can they be glued together?
Replies
Views
We had a new bathroom built last year. Mould on the kitchen ceiling shows that it has been leaking for a while and the builder called in the plumber to investigate. He took out a panel from the floor and found that the leak is on the connection of the shower waste to the 4" pipe. The waste...
Replies
Views
Hi. DIY guy here, not a plumber of any experience. I would be grateful for constructive critique of the drainage design presented by this diagram, accompanied by the following notes and questions: 1) On the left is dishwasher, on the right is washing machine. Purple lines represent standard...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock