Search the forum,

Discuss Sleeving for Plastic oil pipe above ground in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt06

Gas Engineer
hello, anyone know where to get fireproof sleeving, to sleeve a bit of plastic oil pipe which comes out of the ground about 8 inches ?

Thanks in advance

Get back whoever fitted it, if its a new install. If its an old install the pipes fecked and needs replacing anyway.

Plastic pipe is not allowed above ground atall. To be seinsible though, as above, some copper will do, or some scaffold tube if you really want robust..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sleeving for Plastic oil pipe above ground in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Im working on 6 suspended air blowers running old riello G5s.Oil tank is 100m away on ground level so 5m lower than the burners.So each unit has a Tigerloop which are all supplied with half inch iron pipework. Each unit has isolating valve 3\8 regulator oil filter then tigerloop. Can anyone...
Replies
Views
I’m replacing my single skin plastic oil tank with a new bunded oil tank. I’m going to replace the single 10mm pvc covered oil pipe too, so to keep the number of compression joints to a minimum, I’d like to fit an external tigerloop combi 3 de-aerator (the one that incorporates an isolation...
Replies
Views
Hello. My home's Rheem water heater is dripping from the drain valve. It is strange as it seems to sometimes spit out some water and then stop and then occurs again. I have a little plastic bucket to collect the water, probably about 3 cups of water in a 24 hour period. I was doing some...
Replies
Views
A
My oil boiler is 2009 vintage. Just been serviced. Had a new tank fitted by approved fitter. I notice that the bottom of the tank is roughly on the level of the boiler feed pipe. Then I notice in the Grant instal manual for a single pipe feed the tank should be 300mm min above the boiler feed...
Replies
Views
Recently I needed to re-route very old and dodgy oil pipe from tank to boiler. I dug trench and laid a duct and the engineer used green plastic (Pipelife Qual-Oil?) oil line to do the job. Had cause to have boiler manufacturer out to look at something yesterday and he remarked that this Qual oil...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock