Search the forum,

Discuss Skylo Unifill 4 in 1 brass shank float operated valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike Jackson

Picked up a couple of these the other week as I had a faulty valve to change and due to the boxing in I couldn't tell whether it was a 10mm or 1/2" thread on the valve. The concept is great, one valve that does both bottom and side entry and two sizes of thread. The valve is also height adjustable which makes it even more flexible. I like the fact that the float is set within it's own little chamber that means it can't jam up against the side of the cistern or the flush valve.

This has now taken over from the fluidmaster as my valve as choice, especially given the versatility and the price being about 2/3 the price of a brass shanked fluidmaster.

The only drawback I've come across so far is the shank is slightly shorter than the valves I've replaced but on one there was enough play and the other was connected with a flexi (spit).

A nice glowing review! I will pick one up when I see one... Shame the shank is not the standard length tho, that could cause an issue on the rigid copper installations!!

Spotted these back in Septembers HVP ...how much did they cost you Mike pm me if you dont want it shown in an open forum..I think Ray was looking into these a while back ..regards Turnpin:8:

I have fitted loads of the standard Viva Skylo BE and SE valves and have not had any problems with either, except when the pressure is v. good, can cause water hammer, even with the filter fitted.
I have noticed that the plastic shank is a standard length, but the brass one is always shorter. They have a different filter so maybe this is why?

My local branch of our favourite plumbing merchant now keeps them in stock. Last two were £10.45 plus the dreaded each, add on the cost of a tap extender if needed and it still works out a lot cheaper than a brass shanked fluidmaster.

showing them in bes CISTERN & TANK - FLOAT OPERATED VALVES

ifill Float Valve

21546.gif
Unifill is a 4 in 1 inlet float valve that can be changed from bottom to side entry without using a blanking plug. Supplied with both 3⁄8" and 1⁄2" BSP threaded connectors.
Part No.DescriptionUnit PriceQty
21546SKYLO, unifill, plastic connectors£8.80
21547SKYLO, unifill, brass connectors£12.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Skylo Unifill 4 in 1 brass shank float operated valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock