Search the forum,

Discuss Skoda of the Boiler World? Best Combi - Ideal vs Intergas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

s7ravis

Apologies, tourist here, looking for advice.
I live in a 3 bed Victorian terrace, 1 Bathroom, 8 Radiators and currently have a crappy 12 year old 24kW Chaffoteaux Britony Combi SE Boiler that needs replacing. Also live in a very hard water area.

I am going to replace it along with a full power flush system clean and magnetic filter. I have been reading this forum and have decided on one of the following 30kw boilers, depending on available deals inc fitting.
Before I make a purchase is my understanding below correct? That Logic & Intergas are just as good as premium boilers (Valliant) without the pricetag?

Ideal Logic Plus have a 7 year warranty, aluminium heat exchanger, good modulation ratios for efficiency.
Ideal Logic Vogue have a 10-year warranty, stainless steel heat exchanger, even better modulation.
Intergas Compact HRE are not pretty, but look bulletproof. Only 4 moving parts, and neither of the bits that most commonly fail - plate heat exchanger and diverter valve.

Is it wise choosing a Logic or Intergas over a Valliant or Worcester? If yes which would be your preference?

Cheers

If you aren't particularly bothered about the look of the boiler, I've heard nothing but good things about intergas. My mate swears by them

I fit ideal, mainly logics. Never had any issues with them, but I've heard some pretty grim reading about the so called 7 year warranty.

Vaillant was all I'd tend to fit, their after care is aload of rubbish though an I certainly don't tell customers if I fit them that their warranty, they are true to their word.

I don't fit Worcester, pile of crap in my opinion. They're warranty an after care is good though from what I've heard.

Baxi are good Boilers aswell

My preference would be finding a gsr guy that will be doing the install and servicing and ask him which one he is happier working with and why.
There is another thread running behind closed doors about Ideal being underhanded with installers and warranties so trust your man.

Read recent post," Ideal boilers, disgusting tactics," and consider what a 7 or 10 year warranty means when ideal are involved. Intergas are reputed bombproof, but in an area of very hard water it may be better to have an easily replaceable DHW plate heat exchanger. Find out from others in your area.

Hhhm considering the average life expectancy of a modern condensing boiler is about 7 years now, may as well buy anything that's cheap and replace it every 6 years!!!!

good lord.. "Skoda" of the boiler world..
my mothers horrible ferolli was a skoda.. I replaced it with the Intergas HRE.

I would wait for the HRX..

In your particular case, I would recommend the Vogue.

The great strength of the Intergas is its heat exchanger, which is much more forgiving of system debris than most modern boilers. However the very design that gives it that strength is a weakness in a very hard water area. (By "very hard", I am assuming you mean >300ppm). Had the water hardness been less of an issue, I think that Intergas might have been a great choice, although I would have recommended the EcoRF range over the HRE models.

I can only speak for my experience of boiler manufacturers - they all employ engineers from the same pool of potential employees, and some are good, some are bad. I don't believe that Ideal are any better or any worse in honouring their warranty than any other manufacturer, although its possible that Worcester are a little bit better than the pack.

In my humble opinion, the Vogue is a better boiler than the Logic, and worth the relatively little extra.

I've fitted Ideal for a while and will not let a poor experience by a single service engineer taint my opinion. It may be the kick up the arse they need to up their game.

Vogue or Logic for me, though haven't fitted an intergas.

I would be looking at putting an Atag ICeconomiser in myself up to 10 year warranty and lifetime replacement guarantee of the heat exchanger. Weather compensation as standard and flue heat recovery for hot water with excellent flow rates, You can also have the Atag One smart controller. You can check them out at ATAG ? Heating Technology they really are a top boiler!

Just looked at the im for the combi, got the same stupid wall bracket as a Worcester, I ain't got time to bugger about trying to fettle them valves into position, not too bad when the loveslaves with Yer, but no good in a tight cupboard especially when the customers delicate ears start hearing my Anglo Saxon when I'm going off on one!

Nothing like fitting a Worcester wall bracket, telescopic connections etc space to pipe up behind the boiler. You won't know what they are like in all reality until you see one. Most efficient boiler in Europe too

Nothing like fitting a Worcester wall bracket, telescopic connections etc space to pipe up behind the boiler. You won't know what they are like in all reality until you see one. Most efficient boiler in Europe too ��
So as much as I detest combis, Yer gotta fit what they want! How much fer a typical 24 with standard flue and mech clock?

So as much as I detest combis, Yer gotta fit what they want! How much fer a typical 24 with standard flue and mech clock?

They only sell to gsr engineers you would need to meet with your local rep to find out prices etc you won't look back tbh. You'd be surprised at the cost compared to dare I say it a Worcester!

They only sell to gsr engineers you would need to meet with your local rep to find out prices etc you won't look back tbh. You'd be surprised at the cost compared to dare I say it a Worcester!
Huh won't fit worcesters, overpriced half built piles of bolts as far as I'm concerned, any this lot are only down the road at reading, might go and see em, looking for something new to fit!

Atag stock and supply them themselves no merchants have access to them to stop Joe public buying and fitting them illegally how it should be tbh. You order before cut off and get it delivered next day by 10am either to your address or to site, never had an issue with supply. Also have combined prv and condensate. Bigger pump as standard all brass components and stainless hex not alloy naff so no 'casting sand' lol

Atag stock and supply them themselves no merchants have access to them to stop Joe public buying and fitting them illegally how it should be tbh. You order before cut off and get it delivered next day by 10am either to your address or to site, never had an issue with supply. Also have combined prv and condensate. Bigger pump as standard all brass components and stainless hex not alloy naff so no 'casting sand' lol

Do you pay upfront for these or have credit?

whats Atag's back up like for warranty calls.

Never had to call them out to be honest as never had a problem with any of the boilers I have installed! Atag aim to be with customers same day / next day in worst case scenario for warranty calls.

@myles

How long ago was your oldest Atag combi install, I noticed Plumb Center stocking them?

@myles

How long ago was your oldest Atag combi install, I noticed Plumb Center stocking them?

That's the old atag gmartine which was always available at the merchants, as far as I'm aware they are selling those off and then there will only be the new atag which is only available to gsr engineers. If you compare the two boilers you can see the difference lol

What are these like size wise compared to other boilers?

What's the bad points about them?

Boiler dimensions are 700h x440w x355d only downside I can think of is that all boilers are the same size (system & regular could be smaller) as they all use the same casing etc all the boilers are solar compatible with no need for additional parts which is another plus. Another bonus is they don't try and pinch servicing work off you they will contact the customer with a yearly reminder with your contact details etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Skoda of the Boiler World? Best Combi - Ideal vs Intergas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock