Search the forum,

Discuss Sirrus mixer shower new cartridge required or boiler service? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Connor Williams

Hello guys, I have a Sirrus shower which is a single lever thermostatic shower.

The water will not mix at all, it is either red hot or completely cold whichever way you turn the lever you get only one or the other.
Before I renew the cartridge & thermostat inside should I have the boiler checked, I have a Worcester greenstar combi which has no temperature dial to lower the hot water temperature.

According to the handbook the water temperature should be fixed at 55 c but the water seems very hot.

Should a thermostatic cartridge compensate this and allow more cold water through? At the moment the water is not mixing at all!

Many thanks for any tips,
all the best,
Connor

yes a thermostatic cartridge should compensate for fluctuations in water temperature

The cartride is scaled up. The boiler you're right has no hot water control as it runs on a "hot or not" basis. Cartridges are generally around the £60 mark as long as the shower isnt too old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sirrus mixer shower new cartridge required or boiler service? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock