Search the forum,

Discuss Sink tap removal - am I missing something obvious? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys.

First time poster and by all admission an enthusiastic amateur...

I am trying to replace a washer in my bathroom sink tap. Having located the pipe isolation screw, I have managed to stop the dripping but for the life of me, having removed the tap cover, cannot work out how to remove the top of the tap! I was expecting a simple screw underneath but other than a tiny hole (which may or may not lead to a tiny screw), no obvious way to remove.

I’m sure it’s a pretty old setup that may require a plumber unscrewing various nuts underneath the sink but i’m hoping there is a slim chance I’m just missing something obvious? Seems like a lot of work to just replace a perished washer otherwise.

Pictures attached to help illustrate.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 6B0F538A-EE6E-4C27-AD4D-090A55A131C5.jpeg
    6B0F538A-EE6E-4C27-AD4D-090A55A131C5.jpeg
    56.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 7DE0AB7C-FE39-4553-BA77-9E00529FF09E.jpeg
    7DE0AB7C-FE39-4553-BA77-9E00529FF09E.jpeg
    63.4 KB · Views: 11
  • E58DDEBE-9705-4150-A5C9-7C17F32C557E.jpeg
    E58DDEBE-9705-4150-A5C9-7C17F32C557E.jpeg
    72.1 KB · Views: 12
Undo the lowest bigger nut and remove the whole thing as one, you can see the line where it seperates on the body.

Same as rpm and snowhead.

I know I’m not adding to the thread but I just want to know if snowhead has a spare of his nice blue spanner, I could do with one with such thin jaws.

Same as rpm and snowhead.

I know I’m not adding to the thread but I just want to know if snowhead has a spare of his nice blue spanner, I could do with one with such thin jaws.
Bacho do a nice thin jaw spanner.
or you could get the 8"

Reply to Sink tap removal - am I missing something obvious? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock