• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net (formerly UKPlumbersForums.co.uk). Please login with your usual username and password. Or register for free if you haven't already done so.

Discuss Sink tap flexi tails help! in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Gem1983

Reaction score
Hi all, hope you can help out a woman without a clue! I had a new tap put in my bathroom basin in january. I now cannot get cold water as the flexi tail has totally twisted to the point it needs replacing. This is where I get stuck.

I bought the tap from B&Q and their helpline are saying there are no spares for this tap (mono type) and that it comes as one set piece. Does anyone know if this is right? I would have thought that the tails would be removable and if so what size or type do I need as there are so many options that's leaving me a bit confused and they refuse to look at one in store to confirm.
If I could take the tap off and take it in I would but I'm disabled and can't really afford to have a tradesman in once to get the tap off and then again to refit.

I don't know if I should be buying yet another whole tap to have it replaced with again?
Thank you in advance!

townfanjon

Trusted
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Gem , who fitted the tap in the first place ?
You should be able to get a new hose

OP
G

Gem1983

Reaction score
It was a bathroom fitter as part of a bigger job of changing showers from internal to external valves and several sink taps. This is the only one we have a problem with.
I thought that the hose should be replaceable but B&Q are saying it is a complete unit. Being very useless, can't open a box and look for me!

Ben-gee

Plumber
Reaction score
I would call back whoever fitted it, as this sounds as if it was caused by poor practice.

OP
G

Gem1983

Reaction score
I was planning to but wanted to have whatever I would need to hand.

Craig Watson

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
I have never came across any tap where the flexi and tap were one complete unit. I have had copper tails which are soldered into the tap body but not a flexi. Most plumbers merchants will sell replacements with either an m8, m10 or m12 thread, one of them will fit your tap if the flexi is removable.

OP
G

Gem1983

Reaction score
Thanks Craig. I didn’t think it sounded right that the flexis were not removable with them being sold everywhere. I might just buy one of each size be cheaper than a new tap!

Craig Watson

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Thanks Craig. I didn’t think it sounded right that the flexis were not removable with them being sold everywhere. I might just buy one of each size be cheaper than a new tap!
I'd just buy the m8 and m10, I'd find it highly unlikely your basin tap is fed off an m12 thread.

OP
G

Gem1983

Reaction score
Thank you! Totally clueless when it comes to plumbing stuff!

Forum Sponsors

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers

Plumbase - Plumbing Parts for Plumbers

Underflor Heating Systems by uHeat

Wetroom Supplies by Wetroom Store

Nicobond - Wetroom and Tiling Supplies

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers

Top Bottom