Search the forum,

Discuss Sink overflow problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I recently had a new Reginox 1.5 bowl sink installed. The sink is approx 18cms deep but unfortunately the overflow is positioned just over 10cms from the bottom which means I can't fill the sink much more than half. I contacted Reginox to ask whether there was any way of blocking off the overflow which I don't actually want anyway but they were less than helpful. So I was wondering whether anyone could suggest how I might block it off without going to great lengths. Any constructive help much appreciated.
sink.jpg

Plenty of Sanitary products on the market in the Uk in this particular area
via the internet etc , discount bathroom places and also high end stuff esp Italy designer stuff are often not fit for purpose and do not meet and
never will would never meet standard regulations, if ever they are imposed anymore.
its basically the wild west now
compared to only a few years ago
centralheatking

I recently had a new Reginox 1.5 bowl sink installed. The sink is approx 18cms deep but unfortunately the overflow is positioned just over 10cms from the bottom which means I can't fill the sink much more than half. I contacted Reginox to ask whether there was any way of blocking off the overflow which I don't actually want anyway but they were less than helpful. So I was wondering whether anyone could suggest how I might block it off without going to great lengths. Any constructive help much appreciated.View attachment 38485
Just find a suitable plug , rubber or plastic shave it all round, get some clear sillycone
apply liberally , stick it in the offending hole , wipe off the excess , job done. Its no good really because the sink might overflow ...its up to you...total cost peanuts
Rob Foster,
...aka centrakheatking

Its no good really because the sink might overflow
My previous kitchen sink was in use for well over 30 years, had no overflow fitted but there were never any floods. Besides, the sink has a second smaller bowl which would act as an overflow if I should be daft enough to leave the taps running unattended and go out of the kitchen for an extended period of time.

No worries, we're not having a go. You might also look at a blanking plug for a cistern, prob a bit smaller than 1 for a tap hole, available in plastic and trim down as rob says. Happy days

I have never seen a kitchen sink overflow that can keep up with the mains on a fully open tap anyway. So in practice they just give you a bit more time before flooding - not much use.

Reply to Sink overflow problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock