Search the forum,

Discuss Sink drain question/leak in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

UK
Could anyone please tell me what the hole circled in red on the sink drain is for? It seems that water is getting in there and leaking around the seal circled in yellow even though the nut seems tight for the bottom gasket. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• B5D6C82D-62B8-4CF0-AE93-F05C44C9FEEA.jpeg
    B5D6C82D-62B8-4CF0-AE93-F05C44C9FEEA.jpeg
    202.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 96AB4402-DAD5-471B-912E-5AF9EB9231D3.jpeg
    96AB4402-DAD5-471B-912E-5AF9EB9231D3.jpeg
    204.1 KB · Views: 12
Normally the red circle is for an internal overflow on the sink (already manufacturer/ made into the sink)

Is the face where the rubber goes clean and free of contamination eg old silicon / putty

That's probably the overflow point, rubber gasket and silicone it tight, there are different types and they aren't always easy to seal.

What happens is the outfits that sell the sinks and toilets source the products from different manufacturers and sometimes they dont properly interface the end product
so its left to the end user to make their own arrangements. centralheatking

I have had to on more than one occasion get another waste with no overflow. Poorly manufactured product. Usually from China.

Reply to Sink drain question/leak in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock