Search the forum,

Discuss single rad is cold following change of water in the system in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I'll much appreciate opinions on the following.
  • gravity system, two floors
  • noise in the pipes best heard in the airing cupboard in the morning. Noisiest on hot water cycle. All rads working fine. attempted to remedy using sentinel noise reducer.
  • drained water from the system, added the noise reducer, filled the system with water, bled air from the rads. Effect - no noise, all rads working fine apart from one downstairs - the one through which the system was drained.
  • tried shutting valves on all rads apart from the cold one. Effect - bad banging noise (boiling water?) heard in the airing cupboard after about 1 min of running the system with only cold radiator open. Stopped the system to wait until cools down. Opened vales on couple of rads. Effect - system works without noise, the cold rad is still cold.

This rad has the history of having the mind of its own even after cleaning (removed and cleaned). It would start working for no obvious reason.

Any ideas what it could be will be much welcomed.

sorted.
I reduced flow in two other downstairs rads down to about 1/3 and ... the cold rad started making bubbling noise (as if water coming down) and it turned warm!
I can not find rationale. Ok, i can see the flow has changed after downplaying two other downstairs rads. But I had completely shut flow though all rads yesterday with no effect on the cold rad. Hmm ...
Anyway, it gets warm now. Thanks to all who responded!

air locked shutting off other rads force it through
Thanks. I tried locking in various combinations - didn't help. Only when I started closing partially in the style when balancing the system. I do not visualize where that air could have been trapped. Really unhelpful not to have the plan of the heating system. That would help to understand the story, i think.

Reply to single rad is cold following change of water in the system in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock