Search the forum,

Discuss Single pipe loop CH system in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi. Just bought a house, built in the 50's. Renovating it. Took two rads off in the lounge/dining room, for plastering work. Moved a radiator in a bedroom to an adjacent wall. Noticed that both ends of the radiator connected to the same pipe. Reconnecting the same way. Obviously drained the system for all this. Turned the water back on, but no heat at all. The valliant boiler has a blinking light ( pressure??) I've bled all the connected radiators, twice. Still no heat, not even in the pipes. I did notice a water tank in the loft. Assumed it was disused as the house has a boiler.
Any advice....anyone.

Time for a repipe / new ch system

Ideally you need to get it repiped, if that's not an option financially at the moment then your best bet is to get an engineer out who has some experience working on one-pipe systems as they are not the easiest to get running properly.

How did you refil the system back up after you'd done the work? Is the tank in the loft a small header tank? And if so does it have water in it?

Has the boiler fired up since you've bled the rads?
What's the pressure reading on the boiler and or system?
Hi thanks,
Yes I've fired up the boiler. It's a valliant. The pressure is gauge has no marks other than 0 but my guess is its ok (the needle is halfway around the gauge). It's now showing a fault (F64). Yesterday it was just showing a flashing light (ive googled these and found the flash was a pressure problem, and f64 could be pressure or a faulty thermostat or thermistor(??).
Anyway, the boiler fires up, but no heat or hot water.

Reply to Single pipe loop CH system in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock