Search the forum,

Discuss Single Pipe Heating system problem in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Sfc

Evening guys, Replaced 2 rads recently on a single pipe system (Heat only Boiler). Both Rads identical Reina Horizontal with trv & lockshield upstairs in the house in opposite rooms.

One of the rads is absolutely fine, The other isn't heating up as i have no flow on the trv side!? Called back for rad not heating up, Bled and Balanced system, Took the radiator off and noticed no flow from trv.

Any help much appreciated before i look into changing valves etc

Yep I know standard trv's normally work but strictly speaking should use the ones intended for one pipe Danfoss certainly make one unfortunate bit pricy though.
[automerge]1603052218[/automerge]
Danfoss ra-g thats the one

Yep I know standard trv's normally work but strictly speaking should use the ones intended for one pipe Danfoss certainly make one unfortunate bit pricy though.
[automerge]1603052218[/automerge]
Danfoss ra-g thats the one

that’s great thank you. Instead of forking out for one costly valve, Surely using a lock shield instead of trv will Suffice?

Last edited:
Evening guys, Finally got to the bottom of this issue, Has anybody come across this before, Couldn’t believe it today when I went back to investigate and solve the problem. A 15mm end feed tee which had been manufactured like this! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Attachments

• 663AC100-EAFF-46A3-9FBC-8D26AA63C0A8.jpeg
    663AC100-EAFF-46A3-9FBC-8D26AA63C0A8.jpeg
    94.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 0C35E809-309A-43CB-9CF0-32E28F7FCE11.jpeg
    0C35E809-309A-43CB-9CF0-32E28F7FCE11.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 30
Evening guys, Finally got to the bottom of this issue, Has anybody come across this before, Couldn’t believe it today when I went back to investigate and solve the problem. A 15mm end feed tee which had been manufactured like this! 🤦🏻‍♂️

I've never seen that before. Probably a Friday batch and no one could be bothered to check.

That's one of the reasons you can't learn Plumbing from a book lol.
I bet you never forget that one!
I’m going to be paranoid and checking fittings for the foreseeable. Luckily didn’t cause too much upheaval or take too much investigation but still a drain down and work up etc! One of those things unfortunately!

Reply to Single Pipe Heating system problem in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock