Search the forum,

Discuss Single outlet shower valve on two outlets??? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

M

Mindy72

Ok so, I supplied a shower valve, overhead shower and riser to a customer that was having it installed by a plumber. Hands up I made a mistake when I ordered the valve and supplied a single outlet instead of twin. If the plumber had called me at time of install I could have swapped it for him. Instead he installed the valve and spurred the pipe off to go to each individual head. Customer now screaming at me because when they turn the shower on water comes from overhead and riser at same time “obviously” Bathroom has been completely tiled and they only noticed this after which makes me question if they tested the shower at all prior to tiling. They want me to foot the bill for a complete new shower install but surely no plumber should not have fitted it that way in the first place……. Yes I supplied the wrong valve but could have rectified that instantly prior to fitting. Interested to know what anyone else would have done in this situation.

Sorry to say you’ve supplied it when the customer requested a 2 outlet one

The plumber should of question it maybe they did and customer said x

Tbh your at fault somewhat also the customer and plumber arnt fully blame free tho

Sorry to say you’ve supplied it when the customer requested a 2 outlet one

The plumber should of question it maybe they did and customer said x

Tbh your at fault somewhat also the customer and plumber arnt fully blame free tho
I agree there is fault all around but surely any decent plumber would have questioned it before taking the decision to tee the pipework. They’ve got to be an idiot to not comprehend what would happen.

I agree there is fault all around but surely any decent plumber would have questioned it before taking the decision to tee the pipework. They’ve got to be an idiot to not comprehend what would happen.

Depends how much the client has paid the plumber could be a fit and go person etc

Reply to Single outlet shower valve on two outlets??? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock