Search the forum,

Discuss Silicone!!!????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Do any of you guys out there have a prefered silicone sealent to use?

Basically, i want to know is...What is the BEST????

Thanks for advice guys

Mutley

Have a look at ct1... Have a look on youtube. I did a post here a while ago about it, after shaun repaired his "paddling pool" with it..... unbelievable

The best stuff I met was Dow Cornings as said. I tried to take some washbasins down that had been bedded with Dow. I took all the supports away and disconnected the pipework and they still stayed stuck to the wall. In the end it was a sledge hammer job and all it was was Dow Corning Silicone holding them on.

But its dear!

Don't forget Silicones come in a few varieties make sure the one you get suites what you want to do with it. Not all stick to PVC either and things with high movement such as window frames you are recommended to use Low Modulus, Neutral Cure Silicon. The lower the modulus the more movement it can take. Neutral cure is better adhesion to most things. And so on.

Neutral_Stone_Silicone_Sealant.jpg

:p

I tend to use Dow Corning for general use and and use BAL or Mapei when I want a match to their grouts. They are both expensive but are a perfect colour match.

Mark

with a stanley knife and a silicone gun you to could achieve this

silicone is silicone cheap crap stinks and thay all do the same job ..ow and dont fall for dunlop £15 a tube anti mold,,trust me it still getts moldy b&q,s own £3 quid a tube !

Ow and invest in a palupad

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Silicone!!!????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Please can someone tell me the best way of removing a siliconed folding support rail that has been siliconed to a tiled bathroom wall at my mums. I can't get a hacksaw blade in between the wall and the plate and I can't get any thin windscreen cutter wire in as there is no gap. I don't really...
Replies
Views
My bathroom Basin was installed some years ago by a professional plumber. For whatever reason, the waste was fitted using silicone rather than plumber’s mate. The floor was originally tiled, but I replaced it with high quality vinyl, when fractures began to appear in the grout. As part of this...
Replies
Views
My sister bought a new build property which has wall hung toilets, NK by Noke Porcelona The pans are all moving enough for the silicone sealant to fail across the top of the pan and if you put a bit of weight on it it opens up by about 5mm. They've been in use (light use 4 toilets in a holiday...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Shower is leaking into downstairs when water is being aimed at wall . All sealant has been redone on outside and between shower tray and wall at the bottom on inside , can’t spot any leakages here. It runs down the wall downstairs beneath shower in lines , when water is sprayed at the...
Replies
Views
Hi all Do any of you guys use a silicone to seal between the bath and waste rubber underneath? The bath is only a cheap one and the bottom of the waste opening isn’t flat, which seems to leave an opening enabling water to leak out. I used silicone in the past for this very problem but I was...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock