Search the forum,

Discuss Silicone seal on shower tray aqua panels in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
When installing aqua panels on a shower is it advisorable to leave a small gap 1-2mm between the tray and the bottom of the aqua panel to allow some silicon in to the joint or put the panels tight sitting on the tray and silicone over?

I leave a 3mm gap and sit them down on plastic packers on the tray , some manufacturers like you to silicone and sit them in a trim but looks pony , 6mm bead of sanitary silicone and smoothed off with a fugi tool job done . cheers kop

Why is it advisorable to leave a gap? Does the silicone hold better if it has a small void to fill?

Dow corning 785 is what i use it seals the edge of the panel i only use multi panel with marine ply backing dont use this method on a MDF backed panel stick to manufacturers instructions. Kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Silicone seal on shower tray aqua panels in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I had to remove the glass panels from this quadrant shower cubicle and I'm struggling to get one of the screens back in place properly. The small glass panel is supposed to slide into the wall channel, and some holes in the side of the channel (inside the cubicle) should align with some...
Replies
Views
I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning towards the waste end though. The shower tray is pushed underneath the tiles. My mate did the tiling and I now realise that we should have put the shower...
Replies
Views
With a toilet fit to a concealed cistern vanity were the front panel slides up if you need access it at later date and fitting Is it advisable to put a small bead of silicone between were the top of the pan sits against the vanity?
Replies
Views
Hi all. Shower is leaking into downstairs when water is being aimed at wall . All sealant has been redone on outside and between shower tray and wall at the bottom on inside , can’t spot any leakages here. It runs down the wall downstairs beneath shower in lines , when water is sprayed at the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a couple of leaks coming under shower tray downstairs. One is along the wall so think might be joint between wall and tray and the other seems to be near waste tray, there is a slight hairline crack in shower tray near waste . This happens when I leave the shower head near the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock