Search the forum,

Discuss Silicone foils, anyone used them? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Pickwickpick

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just having flick through latest Screwfix mailer that came through the door yesterday and they are doing their own brand silicone, caulk, adhesive... in foils wraps instead of the usual plastic tube. Its the same price but you get iirc 400ml instead of 320ml.

Has anyone got any experience of using these? You have to use a different mastic gun which isn't the end of the world, but I'm wandering how well it works when you switch between different colours of silicone, or need to use e.g. caulk instead. Is it practical to clean the mastic gun out and switch over or would you realistically need a different gun for each? Not sure how messy they inside the mastic gun.

Reactions: WC1
I tried em quite a while ago and got fed up with 'em. Went back to the ease of use of traditional. If you're doing the same thing day in day out then I feel they're good.

Just had a look, link here

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/search?search=No+nonsense+Foil

Personally never used screwfix own shmoo if proper gear is available.

Reply to Silicone foils, anyone used them? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock