Search the forum,

Discuss Silicone advice so I can create a better tool in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Guys, I'm a Plasterer and inventor and I need to pick your brains.. I have just come up with what I think is the best Silicone smoothing guide available anywhere. Check out my Silicone Soap Guide, let me know what you think ... But here's my question how do you guys do the vertical and horizontal connecting beads at the same time, as I want to improve my guide to solve this problem. Thanks in advance Cheers Karl

With your tool, what happens to the excess silicone that is pushed to the side?

Also, does your tool push the silicone in to the gap or corner to help adhesion? Your video shows silicone being applied where there isn't a gap which isn't ideal, but is, of course, a situation we sometimes have to deal with.

The product looks to be working brilliantly on your Youtube video, but is used on a perfectly flat-surfaced bath. It is not absolute perfection, but then in a perfect world we wouldn't need silicone at all. Since most baths have an element of curvature or slope to them, I wonder how your tool would work with them though?

I always do the vertical ones first but I would have 6 and 8mm and is it the same profile shape as the fugi ?

With your tool, what happens to the excess silicone that is pushed to the side?

Also, does your tool push the silicone in to the gap or corner to help adhesion? Your video shows silicone being applied where there isn't a gap which isn't ideal, but is, of course, a situation we sometimes have to deal with.

The product looks to be working brilliantly on your Youtube video, but is used on a perfectly flat-surfaced bath. It is not absolute perfection, but then in a perfect world we wouldn't need silicone at all. Since most baths have an element of curvature or slope to them, I wonder how your tool would work with them though?
Ric, the silicone is caught in recesses of the tool and at the end. If you check out my Deadsquare website or have a look on my LinkedIn profile you will see all different surfaces it works on, particularly well on metro tiles with the chamfered edges. The Silicone Soap also works perfectly over joints without creating a Judder like most other tools. Travis Perkins had the sample a day and agreed to stock it which will be happening soon, it's also been created to form prefect corners.
I'm hoping it saves a lot of time and does better work, because on my travels I've seen some questionable silicone .

I always do the vertical ones first but I would have 6 and 8mm and is it the same profile shape as the fugi ?
The Silicone Soap has 2 sizes 4mm and 6mm, more sizes will follow hopefully if they sell well.
Do you allow the vertical to go off before attempting the horizontals?

The Silicone Soap has 2 sizes 4mm and 6mm, more sizes will follow hopefully if they sell well.
Do you allow the vertical to go off before attempting the horizontals?

Yes I normally fit the screen / wait 4 hours ish before doing horizontally

Is that normal practice Shaun?
I think I have created a tool that you can do it all at same time without waiting, would that sell well in your opinion?

Have you got a video doing all at once ?

You should be able to post the video directly here if you paste the direct video link it should convert etc

That’s a good little tool is it the same profile/ angle as the fugi ?

Last edited:
That looks like it could be a genuinely tidy/useful product , have you protected the design and have you approached any tiling forums? They would be the ones to really ask I suppose (are UK tilers a sister forum Shaun?)

Yes they are

Looks like it’d be great for showers, flat smooth tray top.
Might need a baby brother for getting behind taps on a bath/basin.

How is it for wearing away?

That looks like it could be a genuinely tidy/useful product , have you protected the design and have you approached any tiling forums? They would be the ones to really ask I suppose (are UK tilers a sister forum Shaun?)
Thanks for that, reg design is in patent filing date is in. Have not done much other than LinkedIn, this version is a prototype but my first one is available now from my website. I'm looking for views of you guys as I'm obviously in a different trade to see where I can go with this!

Looks like it’d be great for showers, flat smooth tray top.
Might need a baby brother for getting behind taps on a bath/basin.

How is it for wearing away?
Just flip it on its side and works upright as well as flat, so it gets behind taps easily. I'm playing with materials so this one is fine and next one will be stiffer

Reply to Silicone advice so I can create a better tool in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock